Job ID: 161508262
Food Safety Net Services (FSNS) is actively seeking to hire a Director/VP of Chemistry Operations. FSNS is actively growing our chemistry testing capabilities within our existing laboratories and adding chemistry capabilities to our new laboratories. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that brings Food Chemistry testing expertise and management experience to help guide our growth. Some of the duties this position will oversee and direct include: operational planning how to better serve our customers for existing and new business, direct the development and implementation strategies for new methods needed to expand the business, help grow the technical staff within our chemistry laboratories, and develop business metrics necessary to effectively run the business.
Perform other duties as assigned
This position has supervisory responsibilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Master of Science in Chemistry or related field in Chemistry
• Ph.D. degree in Chemistry preferred
• Two years of management level experience required; commercial lab preferred
• Training in laboratory audits, A2LA-ISO regulations and guidelines and related quality assurance experience
• Business knowledge as it relates to budgeting, labor analysis, and gross profit
• Advanced studies in food science preferred
• Or equivalent combination and experience
• Experience in testing food matrices desired
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONFood Safety Net Services offers exciting opportunities for individuals interested in the food science industry. We welcome individuals who are looking for a dynamic organization that prides itself in its unequivocal excellence in service to its customers and employees.
Our People: We are committed to creating long-term value for our people, supporting their success and satisfaction as our internal customers and team members.
Diversity: Food Safety Net Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Benefits: Food Safety Net Services offers an attractive wage and benefit package. Our competitive salary, combined with our insurance and benefits, make us the "logical career choice".
• Progressive 401k Retirement Savings Plan
• Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
• Group Medical
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Holidays and Time Off
• Many positions which qualify for the company bonus program EOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.