Job ID: 151724629
JOB SUMMARY: Develops new high performance organic pigment products for the coatings, plastics and ink industries. Develop, refine and troubleshoot new and existing manufacturing processes from a cost and technical standpoint. Conducts hands-on experiments utilizing experience and innovative thinking with minimal direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops products with improved properties or economics through experience obtained from past work, advanced education or collaboration with technical peers.
2. Scales up new products to successful plant processes and makes recommendations for equipment changes.
3. Accelerate new product introductions by working with manufacturing, quality assurance, regulatory and sales and marketing.
4. Publish reports on assigned work projects. Produce effective visual and graphic analysis for reports and presentations. Prepare and deliver clear and concise oral presentations to internal or external customers.
5. Utilize sound scientific methods and DfSS tools during the new product and process development lifecycle from lab development to scale-up and launch. Incorporate these techniques during the experimental step of planning and performing experiments, analyzing the results and determining next steps.
6. Effectively train new laboratory personnel.
7. Ensure ISO requirements are met and maintained in lab operations and experimental notebook.
8. Utilize scientific literature to track technology in pigments and coatings fields. Maintain knowledge of patent landscape as it relates to the active field of research including interpretation of patent claims, infringement and enforcement.Position Requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Level of Education Type Degree
Bachelors Degree Chemistry or related field
Masters Degree Chemistry or related field
Ph D Chemistry or related field
Other certifications or designations: DfSS or Six Sigma Training.
Minimum of 4 years experience demonstrating advanced technical knowledge and comprehension.
Based on education level, additional year of experience is required:
Bachelors Degree additional 5 years experience
Masters Degree additional 2 years experience
PhD no additional experience required.Number of Openings 1 Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Exempt/Non-Exempt Exempt EOE Statement Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Work Location
Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion. Over 20,000 employees located at 176 subsidiaries across 63 countries work every day to meet the needs of customers by improving performance on the essentials of business, such as reliable, on-time delivery and consistent product quality. Sun Chemical tailors solutions...
Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion. Over 20,000 employees located at 176 subsidiaries across 63 countries work every day to meet the needs of customers by improving performance on the essentials of business, such as reliable, on-time delivery and consistent product quality. Sun Chemical tailors solutions to unique customer needs and brings new ideas and the latest technology to market.
Sun Chemical’s unparalleled global presence allows for the delivery of local service and support that is customized to the markets it serves. Recognized as a leading source of innovation, Sun Chemical and DIC have 17 research and development centers that are committed to creating solutions that improve productivity, create new revenue opportunities for customers, and contribute to a more sustainable future.