Prime Analytical Laboratories, LLC (PAL) is a contract testing laboratory located in Concord, California. PAL provides analytical chemistry and microbiology testing services to the cosmetics, nutraceutical, medical devices, biopharma, hemp, BioPharma and food industry in California. We are seeking a Full-Time Analytical Chemist to develop, implement and validate analytical chemistry methods for testing client samples. Samples vary from natural compounds, herbal products, biological and small molecule. The position requires strong expertise in HPLC, LC-MS, GC-FID-MSD and ICP-MS. The person will also perform routine chemical testing as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Analytical Chemist reports to the Lab Operations Director. This position provides a great opportunity to have a positive impact in our new analytical testing lab.
- Develop, implement, and validate analytical assays based on USP, AOAC or other technical guidance documents. Typical analytical assays performed are HPLC potency assay, identity by HPLC, pesticides by GC-MSD and LC-MS, flavonoids, terpenes, caffeine content, heavy metals, mineral content by ICP-MS and many more.
- Develop and implement sample preparation for analytical testing.
- Perform testing of samples utilizing High Performance Liquid Chromatography [HPLC], Gas Chromatography [GC] with FID, MSD and headspace detector, LC-MS, Persee PF7 Heavy Metal Analyzer, ICP-MS, moisture and water activity level.
- Perform appropriate lab practices and comply with ISO 17025 and GMP requirements.
- Prepare method validation protocols and reports.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum requirement is a BS in Chemistry
- Minimum 10-years hands-on experience using instruments such as HPLC, ICP-MS, LC-MS, GC-FID-MSD and Persee heavy metals analyzer and the appropriate software.
- Must have extensive experience developing analytical methods using with HPLC’s, ICP-MS, LC-MS and GC-FID-MSD.
- Expert knowledge of analytical testing, chromatography and good math skills.
- Experience working in ISO 17025 or GMP environment.
- Experience establishing analytical method based on AOAC, USP and other technical documents.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- A team player who will enthusiastically embrace a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Previous experience working with different type of products and compounds is a plus.
- Must be legal to work in the US. We do not sponsor work visas.
- Must pass criminal background and drug test prior to employment.
- Must be fluent in English. Excellent writing skills.
- Must be proficient using MS Word and Excel.
- Physical requirements: must be able to lift at least 20 lbs, use computers, work standing up for long periods, able to read and write procedures and comprehend government regulations.