Job Title: Research & Development Scientist - Inorganic and Organometallic Materials
Function: Develop inorganic and organometallic products for a broad variety of applications in diverse technology areas, including precursor materials for crystal growth, electronics, energy generation
Immediate Supervisor Job Title: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Rockford IL
FLSA Status: Exempt Non-exempt
Date Issued: April 2022
ProChem Inc. is a well-established, 35-year-old company that is looking to broaden its product line through a new team of scientists and chemists.
Your Role: Responsible for innovations and collaborates with cross-disciplinary external teams to enrich the company’s product portfolio. Key responsibilities:
- Understand business and customer needs, identify market opportunities, and contribute to strategies and tactics of product development.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams in the industry and academia to build a strong products portfolio.
- Work independently and make sound decisions based on the company’s strategic goals.
- Lead complex projects, solve technical challenges, meet time-bound milestones, and mentor & motivate junior team members.
- Employ technical knowhow in inorganic and organometallic chemistries, and analytical techniques to develop new products, and scale-up manufacturing.
- Represent company at technical conferences and customer engagements.
- Maintain accurate and complete lab notebooks, analyze and summarize data in presentations and reports.
- Contribute to IP portfolio, trade secrets, and technical publications
- PhD or MS+5 years of work experience in Chemistry or Materials Science.
- Experience in synthesis of inorganic and/or organometallic compounds.
- Knowledge of major analytical techniques, including x-ray powder diffraction, nuclear magnetic resonance, IR and Raman spectroscopy, and gas chromatography
- Eligible to work in the USA
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience in new product development.
- Understanding of inorganic materials markets and applications.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Experience with process optimization and scale-up.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience coaching junior team members.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivation and desire to grow professionally.
What we offer:
- Salary commensurate upon qualification and experience
- Medical insurance
- 401k plan
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, sexual orientation, color, gender identity, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, otherwise qualified disability, or protected veteran status (disabled, Armed Forces Service medal, recently separated, active duty or campaign badge), domestic violence victim status, arrest record, or predisposing genetic characteristics.
Salary range $75 - $120K