Currently enjoying our 25th year in business, we are a small chemical mfg. company located slightly north of the University of Florida in beautiful Alachua, FL. We specialize in fluorine chemistry with an ever-expanding range of innovative & creative building blocks, reagents, and compressed & liquefied gases.
Currently hiring a dynamic, motivated, driven, hard-working individual for a position as a Chemical Sales Associate.
Background in Chemistry highly preferred.
Assists Sales Executive/Manager with all duties, including managing the catalog/bulk sales business, customer relationship management, and quoting of all chemicals.
1. Contacts new, existing and lost customers, at the sale manager’s discretion, to discuss their needs and explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
2. Answering customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses and quality issues.
3. Helps Sales Manager emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
4. Assists Product Manager in identifying possible suppliers and specifications.
5. Assists the Customer Service department as needed, including entering sales orders, particularly when the department is short-staffed in CSRs.
6. Maintains customer records using available CRM software (Salesforce) and ERP (Process Pro).
7. Under Sales Manager’s supervision, identifies prospective customers by using business directories, following leads approved by sales managers from existing clients, participating in organizations, and attending trade shows and conferences.
8. Assists Sales Manager in selecting the correct products or assists customers in making product selections based on customers’ needs, product specifications and applicable regulations.
9. Collaborates with sales team to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
10. Preparing new marketing flyers and brochures as needed
11. Facilitates Sales Manager working with production and research chemists on custom synthesis and manufacturing quotes.
12. At the Sales Manager’s discretion, attends trade shows to research and stay current with new products and technologies. Attends conferences and conventions to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
13. Participates in company-sponsored meetings to review sales performance, product development, sales goals and profitability.
• Analyze sales statistics, prepare reports and complete other administrative duties such as filing expense accounts, scheduling appointments and making travel plans.
• Answers technical questions and assists the catalog sales and database departments, as required.
• Good technical knowledge of chemistry.
• Familiarity with Salesforce and ERP systems such as Process Pro a plus.
• Comfortable with Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint).
Excellent Benefits Package:
-100% of employee premiums paid for health/dental/vision insurance (60% dependent care)
-Retirement plan options, with matching contributions & profit-sharing
-$60k of life insurance provided by company. Additional life insurance options also available.
Throughout the year we also hold various events both around and outside the office, including monthly anniversary and birthday celebrations, milestone anniversary ceremonies, a summer picnic, Bowling Nights, quarterly Business-after-Business events, appreciation breakfasts, Lunch-n-Learns, holiday contests and bake-offs, and a holiday party, just to name a few.
Job offer contingent on successful completion of background screening.
Job ID: 251856422