5 - 10 years
Research & Development Digital Ink Jet Formulation Chemist Cincinatti, OH
Our client is a leading dyestuff & chemical manufacturer and solution provider, offering customers across the globe a broad portfolio of colorants, specialty chemicals, and services. They are looking for a Lead R&D Chemist. This position reports to the R&D Technical Director.
- Design and Develop the New Inkjet Ink Applications Laboratory.
- Assist in management of Dispersions R&D laboratory and Dispersions R&D Chemist(s).
- Develop or improve products and processes to prepare dispersions and inkjet inks and help to implement in production.
- Synthesize and characterize new products, components, and formulations.
- Design multivariate studies of different formulations of a product, minimizing the number of replicates while maximizing the amount of information obtained.
- Design and run applications experiment and trials.
- Help manage trials, pilot studies, and panel tests to compare reactions of potential customers to proposed formulations.
- Conduct studies on long-term stability of products.
- Analyze results of experiments and trials and write reports.
- Develop and provide marketing support for commercial products.
- Communicate with customers, marketing, and the management.
- Assist with scale-up from development to production quantities, in collaboration with other R&D chemists, chemical engineers and plant production personnel.
- Provide customer support and troubleshooting assistance in the application of commercial products.
- Assist in supervision of less experienced R&D Chemists, technicians, and Co-Op students.
- Provide other support as needed to help maintain an efficient R&D lab.
- 5 years or more experience with expertise in dispersions and ink formulation R&D, with some management experience preferred.
- Requires a solid background in chemistry or a related scientific field, ACS (American Chemical Society) certified, Bachelor of Science or higher-level degree preferred.
- Assist in supervision of 1 to 4 less experienced research assistants and technicians.
- Must have extensive experience running and maintaining digital printing equipment.
- Experience running and maintaining analytical instruments and equipment for evaluation of dispersions and inks.
- Hands on expertise applying typical techniques and using equipment for evaluation of dispersions and digital printing inks (e.g., making drawdowns and reading a grind gauge).
Job ID: 261701347