Is responsible for the development of new Energy Curable Paste ink products for; product portfolio enhancement, improved profitability, broaden technology, innovation and IP, material selection, formulary strategy, improvements in reliability, consistency, efficiency and processes, DfSS, Stage-Gate and GPM. Tests products for market segments served by energy curable products. Products include formulated coatings and inks. This individual must also possess and promote an understanding of product design-performance interrelationships, including the chemistry, engineering and physics of formulated products. Solutions are practical, thorough, imaginative and data-driven.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and formulation of inks and coatings.
- Preparation of lab-scale formulations for short-and long-term platform and product development.
- Testing of experimental product formulations.
- Scientific analysis of new product formulations.
- Short-term troubleshooting to address customer complaints, as well as performance refinement needs
- Project Management, including business support, core maintenance and product development.
- Support and promotion of Sun Chemical quality and continuous improvement culture, e.g., ISO, Six Sigma, DfSS, GPM.
- Serves as a technical interface for product scale-up, as well as customer meetings and pilot trials.
- Works in a safe manner and promotes work safety.
- Documents work as required by ISO and manages the stage-gate process in the Global Product Management (GPM) portal.
- Helps establish product/project CTQ's.
- Writes technical reports.
- Acquires formulating knowledge and skills with regard to raw materials, materials processing and product performance requirements required to reduce to practice formulations that meet project CTQ's.
- Provides technical expertise/assistance.
- May train others.
- Initiates and administers codes through SAP.
- Interacts with stakeholders (Product Management, Technical, Sales, Purchasing, Manufacturing, In-Plants, CTS, RCML, etc.) to set project goals and direction.
- Monitors customer trials and pilot plant runs.
- Performs other duties as assigned .
BS degree in Chemistry or a suitable science-related field and 5+ years of Energy Curable experience.
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job ID: 242263238